ClontzAncestry collects no personal data about you unless you choose to provide it.
What this Website Collects & Stores Automatically
No personally-identifying information is automatically collected and stored as a result of your casual, unregistered, visit to, and use of, ClontzAncestry.
ClontzAncestry, like almost all other Web sites, uses “cookies” to differentiate between visitors and to control the use of data. Non-registered site visitors, for example, are not allowed access to the members list or to use functions allocated specifically to registered site members, such as the ability to write and publish articles, calendar events, forum messages, and external links.
The cookie only identifies the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or laptop, not you by name or physical location.
After you register and when you login to this site, the content management system places a cookie on your computer. This bit of software authenticates you as a registered member.
The cookies used by this Web site do not record your name, address, phone number, or any other personally-identifying information. ClontzAncestry.net does not allow you to make this cookie “permanent;” the “Remember Me” login function is disabled and will remain disabled.
ClontzAncestry does not, and will not, use tracking cookies.
What Is A “Cookie?”
Cookies are small strings of text stored on a user’s computer by a web browser. A cookie consists of one or more name-value pairs containing bits of information such as user preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or other data used by websites.
If You Register with ClontzAncestry
When you register an account with this site, you are required to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your chosen user name
- Your personal password
- Your mailing address
We ask you for this information to confirm you as a valid member and to protect you and our other registered members from spammers and other Net denizens. We do not use these data for any other purpose; we do not provide or sell our membership data to anyone or any enterprise, be it commercial or non-profit.
You do not have to register with ClontzAncestry to view the content presented here or to make use of the documents and Web links offered. Registration allows you to contribute content in the form of your blog and to keep up with other community and site members through the social networking capabilities available here.
Given the current geopolitical situation, the federal Patriot Act, and recent court rulings, we may be required by government to provide membership information. The likelihood of such demands is, however, slight.
If You Send E-Mail
You may choose to provide personal information in e–mail with a comment or question. This information is only used to respond to your request.
Links to Other Sites
Disclaimer & Liability Notice
ClontzAncestry and the information it offers are provided as a service to the public. The Webmaster regularly monitors this Website to ensure proper operation.
Unauthorized attempts to modify any information published on ClontzAncestry or to use this Web site for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in prosecution—or a shockingly strong verbal admonition from a former US Navy Chief Petty Officer.
Restriction of Liability
- The owner of ClontzAncestry makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the completeness or adequacy of the contents of this site and expressly denies liability for errors in the contents published here.
- No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non–infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of ClontzAncestry or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
- References on this Web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name are for the information and convenience of the public, except where otherwise noted. These are not endorsements, recommendations, or preferences of the owner of this Web site.
ClontzAncestry does not sell or provide the list of registered Website members to anyone or any organization—commercial, non-profit, or governmental.
- The Webmaster will notify appropriate law enforcement authorities of any individual who attempts to steal and use member data.
- We will also notify the individuals whose data was compromised and provide affidavits as needed to resolve any issues that result.
In-line linking, or “hot linking,” images or objects from ClontzAncestry to another Web site without the express permission of ClontzAncestry is prohibited.
The only exceptions to this policy involve the use of images and data within the public domain and identified as such (for instance, an image belonging to the federal or state government).
Information published on ClontzAncestry is protected by copyright and may be downloaded or copied only for personal, noncommercial use; it remains the intellectual property of the site owner or the attributed authors of information presented and may not be otherwise reproduced or published without the express permission of the property owner.