ClontzAncestry and its owner are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within this site.
While the information contained in the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that that information is correct, complete, and up–to–date.
This Website is owned, developed, and managed by a private individual who is a Tar Heel by birth and a curmudgeon by nature. The owner is solely responsible for this site and pays all bills associated with it.
Anyone can establish a site account:
- Click the Login button
- Click the link to Register and account
Follow the steps indicated to setup your account. After you confirm your e-mail address, you will receive notice that your account is established.
Collection of Personal Information
You are asked, when you register a user account with ClontzAncestry.net, to provide certain personal information, including:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your mailing address (street, city, state, & ZIP code)
We ask you for this information because we just don’t know all extended members of the Clontz families and those in related families. Our goals iinclude a desire to become more aware of our extended family relatives and to help those who seek public information about our families obtain better data.
Personal Information & Privacy
Names and contact information of individuals on this site are published to facilitate contact among and with the registered members of ClonzAncestry.net only. Such data are not intended, and may not be used, for other, including commercial, purposes.
ClontzAncestry is not affiliated with any individual or organization, commercial or not.
Right of Use
All material published on ClontzAncestry is protected by US copyright law, except for data within the public domain as defined by law. You may copy information you find published on ClontzAncestry for your personal, private, and completely non-commercial use.
If you use information you find published on this Website for any commercial purpose, we will let loose the lawyers, and may God have mercy upon your soul.
Individuals spend too much of their time researching their own families to see the fruits of their research used to support the sale of books published by others or to help “monetize” a Website. The owner of ClontzAncestry believes in, and strongly supports, the ethics of protecting intellectual property.
Content & Comment Submissions
By providing a comment or other content, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are the author of the content and have the right to grant this license; and (b) the content does not infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other party.
If you submit a comment to an article published on this Website, you grant ClontzAncestry a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive and limited license to reproduce, edit, publish, translate, and distribute that content in any medium whatsoever.
The opinions expressed here are those of the owner of ClontzAncestry or those who respond with comments or who write content published here. If you are offended by others’ opinions, please move on.
Everyone, registered with this Website or not, is welcome to submit comments on any article published on ClontzAncestry.
- Only those who register a Website account may contribute articles published on ClontzAncestry.
- Site members can submit documents and images to support their submitted content.
If you submit any content to this Website, you agree to be bound by these rules:
- Submitted content must not be of an adult or sexually explicit nature.
- Submitted content must not be libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, misleading, or that otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as the right of privacy).
- Submitted content cannot promote or engage in illegal activities, including (without limitation) infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other party.
- You must not violate or attempt to violate the security of this Website, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of our software, servers, or networks.
- You must not post, upload, e-mail, link to, or otherwise transmit any content that contains any viruses, harmful code, or other computer software or program that may damage or adversely affect the functionality of this Website or impair others’ ability to use this Website.
- You must not attempt to use this Website to send unsolicited e-mails (spam).
- Embedded Web links must be to the site that is most relevant to the resource. Links must not result in redirection to an alternative URL.
- Submitted content must not imply in any way that inclusion in this Website constitutes endorsement by ClontzAncestry.net or its owner.
- All submitted content must be in English.
- Comments, reviews and content may not be used to promote ideological, religious, or political agenda.
- Authors are solely responsible for all content submitted to this Website. All authors must ensure that their content is accurate. We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is out of date.
- Authors must make submissions on their own behalf. Normally the domain name of the contact email should match that of the resource. You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent an affiliation with another person or entity.
Content authors retain copyright and all trademarks or registered trademarks for material they author or submit (such as copies of documents and images) to be published on ClontzAncestry. When authorship is not declared and the material is not in the public domain, as defined by relevant law, ClontzAncestry.net and its owner hold copyright over such content.
Submitted content or comments that violate one or more of the standards listed above will not be published in this Website. Publication is at the sole discretion of the site administrator.
The site administrator reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of articles and comments submitted to this Website to determine compliance with the rules. We will act as described below against any comment found to conflict with the rules, as determined by solely by the site administrator:
- Immediately deactivate (unpublish) member-published comment.
- Delete an unpublished comment provided by an unregistered site visitor.
- Permanently ban the IP address of the author of any content identified as “spam” and notify the appropriate Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If you believe that any comment violates any rule, contact the Webmaster.
Links to this Website
You may not create a link to any part of this Website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to this Website, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this Website by linking to it.
Links from this Website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s Websites that are linked to from this Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such Websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites.
- You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, however caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of your personally-identifiable information.
Although this site may include links that provide direct access to other Internet resources, including Websites, ClontzAncestry has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The Website owner is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Hyperlinks from this Website to third–party sites do not constitute an endorsement by ClontzAncestry of the parties or their products and services. The appearance of advertisements and product or service information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by ClontzAncestry; we have not investigated the claims made by any site owner or advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
References here to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not constitute or imply any endorsement, recommendation, or preference by ClontzAncestry.
The Website owner is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within this site.
While the information contained in this Website is periodically updated, the Website owner provides no guarantee that the data provided is correct, complete, and up–to–date.